A statement that we can easily throw to someone we know or we barely know.
I asked myself “Why?”
Why people say that, and why I say that to other people as well.
Assessing myself, I think it’s because of heightened emotions and words that were just coming out of our mouth like an unstoppable train.
A lot of people told me the same statement a hundred times and I always answer them with “Yes, I am.”
I’m blessed that I am surrounded with people who love me, who encourage me, support me in everything I do. I’m thankful for those people. But most of the time I only fight my own demons alone. And when there’s a moment of peace and happiness. I think being a little selfish is not a bad thing at all.
I know I’m not alone.
I just want to remind everyone that we should treat ourselves the best way we think we deserve. Even if some people think we are selfish. After all, we have to treat ourselves for doing a good job fighting our own battles.
Being selfish also helps me value what I am and love me for who I am. AND I think it is important that we should value ourselves, and love our flaws and imperfections for us to return the same affections to other people. Like what most people say ” You can’t give what you do not have.”
I realized that it isn’t bad, especially with the right amount of selfishness.
Do not be ever afraid to spoil yourself with love, respect and happiness.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)