How to have some FUNds and Make Extra Money?
Last June 24, I attended “Learn how to “have some FUNds” with Sun Life Financial” at the Ayala Center.
Spectrum “partypreneur” and Rhipstop CEO Kaz Onozawa, architect and Blind Clothing owner Kathrynn Dawn Sy, and Sugbo Mercado partner and marketing and communications manager Karlo Lim discussed these talks’ topics “Money after graduation”, “Girls just wanna have funds” & “Money under 30”.
They share their unique stories involving success, managing their money and tips on how having insurance is an advantage and not a burden to young professionals. To complement their stories, Sun Life Trainer Danah Mae Latonio, and Sun Life Regional Sales Managers Margaret Bernardo and Michael Gustilo shared concrete steps that one can take to steer the financial journey in the right direction.
Hosted by Sun Life Trainer and Pop District Bazaar host Jett Pe and Miss Cebu 2011 and ABS-CBN TV personality Mia Ali, Let’s Have Some FUNds also featured musical performances by Jacky Chang, Bethany, and Mandaue Nights.
The event was also supported by BAI TV, Cebu Bloggers Society, Cebu Content Creators, and Ayala Center Cebu.
In today’s generation, we are very lucky to have easy access and guides to traveling, available remote jobs and tons of events we can learn from. We can do whatever we want if we just want to!
I also struggle to make money myself, but I never use that as an excuse not to work hard and prepare myself in the future. I invest in stocks, learn how to save (little by little), and have a Life Insurance.
It has been a year not having a steady job, and I learned a lot from it. I can give you a few tips on how to save and earn extra money.
Ways to make extra money
- Start a blog – I created my blog because I want to share my experiences with others. But in case you do not know, you can earn money through your blog. You just need to exert a lot of time and effort to make it. I created a step by step guide on how create a blog. You can check SiteGround to buy your domain and hosting! It is easy to use, and I love their customer service. You can make your own website for only $3.95/month.
- Sell your services – You can offer your services in Fiverr. Sell your products, do logo designs or even proofread articles.
- Do remote work – What is great about remote jobs is that you can work and travel at the same time. You can apply for freelance jobs such as virtual assistant, content writer, social media manager and more. You can go to Upwork or Onlinejobs.ph.
- Become a driver – Spending your spare time by driving others around can be a great source of money. I know a lot of people doing this from part-time to full-time. An obvious reason that you can make good money from it.
- Answer Surveys – I do this once in a while. Just be honest and have fun. It’s free to sign up, you can check Toluna, Survey Yeah, and Pure Profile.
- Be a Tour Guide – If you like showing tourists around your city and meeting new people, you can be a tour guide. Sign up in Local Guddy and Showaround.
- Sell your stuff online – I sell my stuff online like clothes, shoes and other things I do not us anymore. You can create an Instagram account or create a Carousell account and start selling!
Hope you enjoy this post and if you want more tips let me know and comment below!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)