The Ultimate Travel Guide to Laswitan in Cortes, Surigao del Sur
Laswitan has been quickly popular with tourists traveling to Surigao del Sur.
Laswitan is a 20-foot rock formation with three lagoons. The name derives from the word ‘laswit’ which means splash. When the water is high, it creates huge waves that will splash on the rocks and it creates a waterfall effect.
Once you get at the entrance, visitors will have a quick briefing about some reminders for visiting Laswitan.
Laswitan has three lagoons:
Visitors can swim but they are advised to be careful because there are sea urchins in the lagoon.
It is the most popular, it is bigger and a lot of people swim in this area. However, visitors are advised not to go beyond the rope and always use lifejacket to prevent accidents.
Is a swimming area and it is 10 ft. deep. The guide said it is for adults only.
When we got here, there are some people are jumping off from the small cliff into the water.
Fees and Other Details:
- Entrance Fee: Php30
- Parking Fee:
- Car – Php30
- Motorcycle – Php10
- You can bring food – they have cottages that serve as a viewing area where you can see the ‘laswit’ or splash of water from a distance.
- Important Reminders:
- No Littering
- No Smoking
- No Liquor
- No Pets Allowed
- No Climbing on the rocks
- No Vandalism
- Visit Laswitan around October to March, or during Amihan season, when the waves are bigger.
How to Get to Laswitan, Cortes, Surigao del Sur:
- From Cebu – You can book a plane via Cebu Pacific to Surigao City or Butuan City. They have daily flights from Cebu.
- From Tandag – Go to the Bus Terminal and then take a jeep/van/bus going to Surigao City. It will take an hour ride.
- From Surigao City – Take a bus going to Tandag. Travel time is about 3-4 hours.
- From Butuan City – Go to the bus terminal and take a bus going to Tandag. From Butuan airport, vans going to Cortes may be available, just ask.
Where to Stay?
You can ask locals in Cortes where you can book accommodation. They might have rooms available that are not posted on any booking sites.
If you want to book ahead of time, you can check these accommodations nearby below:
You can check Airbnb too.
Ps. Sign up through my Airbnb Link and get Php1600.00 for your first booking!!
Other Articles you might want to read:
Travel Guide to Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Lanuza, Surigao del Sur Travel Guide: My First Surfing Trip Experience
Travel Guide to Britania Group of Islands, Surigao del Sur
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR MORE!
Have you ben to Laswitan? How was it? I like to hear your thoughts about it.
Hi. How are the roads going to Laswitan? Are they all paved/cemented or are they bumpy?
Hi Linnor, the roads to Laswitan are concrete! 🙂
A friend of mine was just talking about the region’s diving so I stopped by on the lookout for tips. Enjoy your travels.
Thank you for stopping by! I’m not familiar with the diving spots in Surigao del Sur.