Personally, I’ve been looking for additional ways in which to grow my money over time.
Then I found Pag-IBIG MP2 savings program. It took me a year to start an account as I was investing and savings for other things. Thankfully, I opened an account this year.
I want to share my other investments in a different blog post as well if you are interested in those. I am trying to expand more on the personal development and freelancing topics on this blog since I’m not doing much travel lately.
So here I am sharing with you a step by step guide on how to enroll in mp2 online.
What is Pag-IBIG MP2?
According to Pag-ibig: The MP2 Savings is a special savings facility with a 5-year maturity, designed for Pag-IBIG Fund members who wish to save more and earn even higher dividends, in addition to their Pag-IBIG Regular Savings. The program is also open to pensioners and retirees who were former Pag-IBIG Fund members.
MP2 is not a typical savings account. It’s a low-risk yet high-return investment.
Pag-IBIG MP2 Details:
- The minimum investment is Php500.00 monthly.
- It’s most beneficial to constantly remit your MP2 contributions. However, there are no penalties if you miss a contribution for certain months.
- Government-guaranteed savings
- Tax-free dividends and up to 7% annual dividend rate.
- No limit to the quantity you’ll save. However, exceeding PHP 500,000, you would have to issue a personal or manager’s check.
- Multiple MP2 savings accounts
- Five-year maturity period (ideal for medium-term investment goals)
Step by Step Guide on How to Enroll MP2 Online
STEP 1: Enter you Pag-IBIG Details
Enter the following details:
- Pag-IBIG MID Number (12-digit MID)
- Last Name
- First Name
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY format)
Enter the code shown on the page for verification, then click the SUBMIT button to continue.
STEP 2: MP2 Details
Enter the following details:
- Desired Monthly Contribution: You can enter the minimum monthly savings of Php 500.00 or your desired higher monthly savings.
- Preferred Dividend Payout:
Select your preferred dividend payout:
- Five-Year (End-Term)
- Mode of Payment:
Select the mode of Payment:
- Salary Deduction
- Over-the-Counter (OTC)
- Thru any accredited Pag-IBIG Collecting Partners
- Source of Funds:
Select the source of funds:
- Employment Income
- Property Sale
- Sale of Share or Other Investment
- Company Sale
- Company Profits/Dividends
- Maturity/Surrender of Life Policy
- Other Income Sources
Once done click the SUBMIT button.
Step 3: Your MP2 Account Details in PDF form
A PDF file with your MP2 Enrollment details is created. Your 12-digit MP2 Account Number is created (see sample above).
You can save and print this form as your copy.
Step 4: Pay to Start your MP2 Term
You can start paying for your monthly or one-time MP2 savings. Please note that the start of your 5-year term will start on the day of your first payment.
Some payment channels you can pay for your Pag-IBIG contribution:
- Pag-IBIG branch
- Virtual Pag-IBIG
- Payment centers (such as Bayad Center, M Lhuillier, etc)
- Credit card
- GCash (PHP 70 worth of freebies if you register through my link)
- Paymaya (Get P50 for FREE. Use My Invite Code is JE8Z5RWWNW31)
- Coins.ph app.
- 7-Eleven Stores (via ECPay).
I hope all of this information is helpful!