A Quick 4-Step Guide on How to Enroll MP2 Savings Program Online
Personally, I’ve been looking for additional ways to grow my money over time.
Then I found Pag-IBIG MP2 savings program. It took me a year to start an account as I was investing and savings for other things. Thankfully, I opened an account this year.
I want to share my other investments in a different blog post as well if you are interested in those. I am trying to expand more on the personal development and freelancing topics on this blog since I’m not doing much travel lately.
So here I am sharing with you a step by step guide on how to enroll in mp2 online.
What is Pag-IBIG MP2?
According to Pag-ibig: The MP2 Savings is a special savings facility with a 5-year maturity, designed for Pag-IBIG Fund members who wish to save more and earn even higher dividends, in addition to their Pag-IBIG Regular Savings. The program is also open to pensioners and retirees who were former Pag-IBIG Fund members.
MP2 is not a typical savings account. It’s a low-risk yet high-return investment.
Pag-IBIG MP2 Details:
- The minimum investment is Php500.00 monthly.
- It’s most beneficial to constantly remit your MP2 contributions. However, there are no penalties if you miss a contribution for certain months.
- Government-guaranteed savings
- Tax-free dividends and up to 7% annual dividend rate.
- No limit to the quantity you’ll save. However, exceeding PHP 500,000, you would have to issue a personal or manager’s check.
- Multiple MP2 savings accounts
- Five-year maturity period (ideal for medium-term investment goals)
You can check more details on Pag-Ibig Fund Website
Step by Step Guide on How to Enroll MP2 Online
STEP 1: Enter your Pag-IBIG Details
Go to https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/MP2Enrollment/
Enter the following details:
- Pag-IBIG MID Number (12-digit MID)
- Last Name
- First Name
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY format)
Enter the code shown on the page for verification, then click the SUBMIT button to continue.
STEP 2: MP2 Details
Enter the following details:
- Desired Monthly Contribution: You can enter the minimum monthly savings of Php 500.00 or your desired higher monthly savings.
- Preferred Dividend Payout:
Select your preferred dividend payout:
- Five-Year (End-Term)
- Mode of Payment:
Select the mode of Payment:
- Salary Deduction
- Over-the-Counter (OTC)
- Thru any accredited Pag-IBIG Collecting Partners
- Source of Funds:
Select the source of funds:
- Employment Income
- Property Sale
- Sale of Share or Other Investment
- Company Sale
- Company Profits/Dividends
- Maturity/Surrender of Life Policy
- Other Income Sources
Once done click the SUBMIT button.
Step 3: Your MP2 Account Details in PDF form
A PDF file with your MP2 Enrollment details is created. Your 12-digit MP2 Account Number is created (see sample above).
You can save and print this form as your copy.
Step 4: Pay to Start your MP2 Term
You can start paying for your monthly or one-time MP2 savings. Please note that the start of your 5-year term will start on the day of your first payment.
Some payment channels you can pay for your Pag-IBIG contribution:
- Pag-IBIG branch
- Virtual Pag-IBIG
- Payment centers (such as Bayad Center, M Lhuillier, etc)
- Credit card
- GCash (PHP 70 worth of freebies if you register through my link)
- Paymaya (Get P50 for FREE. Use My Invite Code is JE8Z5RWWNW31)
- Coins.ph app.
- 7-Eleven Stores (via ECPay).
I hope all of this information is helpful!
Featured Photo by Angie Reyes from Pexels
Hi, Roneth! I am glad you have a Pag-ibig savings program. This will positively affect your financial future. As for me, I was automatically enrolled in the Pag-ibig, GSIS as well as Philhealth when I entered government service.
Thanks Joj! MP2 is a different from Pag-ibig regular membership program which I already have since I started working. ?
Thanks for the easy to follow guide, Roneth. It’s about time that the MP2 Savings program is advertised to Filipinos. It’s an added savings program that should be fully utilized. I’m signed up to this program as well.
My friend has been bugging me for years to get this one and finally I can bookmark this post for when I apply. Thank you Roneth!
Wow! Thanks for this step-by-step guide ms roneth. Im planning to get one soon.
I didn’t know about this, Roneth, until I read your post. Thank you for this helpful guide. I will look into it some more and see if it is something I could also invest into. I will share your post to my siblings, too. 🙂
I was once curious with this one. I had doubt in investing here before because I don’t know anyone had an investment here not until now. Thanks for this.
It’s so nice to know that there are several government programs that encourage us to save. I haven’t heard about this but thanks to you I’m aware of this beautiful program by PAGIBIG
I hope it goes well and you treat us when it matures . 🙂
Thanks for this guide Roneth! This is very helpful. I never knew that we could just apply for Pag-Ibig MP2 online since my friend told me we can only apply it at the branch.
It’s really nice that there are programs like this from Pag-IBIG that help people save money. Hopefully more and more Filipinos can take advantage of that.
Looking for help.. I accidentally type in the wrong amount for the monthly savings. Is there a way to cancel it? The PDF created reflects the error I made. Huhu. Tried creating another one but it says na meron pa ako exisiting application.
Hi Cat, as far as I know…no matter what amount you entered in your “desired monthly payment” during your registration, you can still do the monthly payment for as low as Php500 (or you can add more if you want to).
Please contact Pag-ibig if you want to confirm with them:
Hi. In the website, it says after completing the form and having the pdf, you still need to go the nearest branch and present some ID. Is this true?
Hi, I didn’t go to any Pag-ibig branch. After I enrolled, I payed my MP2 online.
You can still go to the nearest branch if you want to.
Please know that once you paid, you can check your payments on the virtual pag-ibig website too. I hope this helps!
HI. I chose annual dividend payout though i’m planning not to withdraw the dividend yearly. Will it still gain interest like dun sa five year term payout if hndi ko nmn yearly tlga iwithdraw?
Hi, do I still have to submit the printed copy of the mp2 form in their branch ?
Hi Reggie, I’m not sure if that is necessary. Personally, I didn’t submit mine. My MP2 account was automatically visible to my virtual pag-ibig account after my first payment. 🙂
Hi, i tried the online registration and input the correct information but still says invalid date format.
Hi Roneth! Thankyou for this, may I ask, once account matures, where do they send the money? Are they going to remind us that it will mature soon or we will give them our bank details ahead of time? Or how does it work?
Hi Ann! According to Pag-Ibig:
You can choose to receive your MP2 Dividends through any of the following options:
– Upon full withdrawal of your MP2 Savings after its 5-year maturity period with your MP2 Dividends compounded annually;
– Through annual pay-out with your MP2 Dividends credited to your savings or checking account enrolled in any of Pag-IBIG Fund accredited banks, such as the Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP), Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), or other banks that the Pag-IBIG Fund may accredit in the future. For members who opt for annual dividend payout but have no Philippine bank account, especially in the case of overseas members, MP2 Dividends shall be released to them in the form of checks.
Please check more details here: https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/Membership_ModifiedPagIBIG2.html